smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Birthday bash

In the last few days we have had my birthday and my son's too. So we got together at the weekend and had a family "do". There were only 14 of us as two people couldn't make it. I do enjoy it when the whole family get together. Once upon a time there were just two of us and now the family has grown. They all seem to enjoy getting together too, which makes me really happy.

We tend to go for simple meals because that means less time in the kitchen for those who are cooking. This time we had baked potato with cheese and baked beans and salad followed by an apple and blackberry crumble made in my biggest roasting tin and served with  ice cream or custard. It is not fancy food but everybody had something they liked eating and we all enjoyed the company : )

258 items gone

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger Dawn said…

    Just found your blog Jo will have to settle down for a read one evening, you asked about some pepper seeds on my blog drop me an email with your postal details and I will get some sent out, uksfdawn@gmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home